Application Deadline: September 15th
Weiss Asset Management is a Boston-based hedge fund seeking a Trader to work with a team which invests in equities, derivatives, and fixed income across the world through fundamental and quantitative strategies. The trading team is comprised of creative problem-solvers and self-starters who have the proven ability to produce results.
- Global trading execution on equities, debt, futures, and other asset classes
- Stock loan trading and refinancing
- Management of sell side relationships and trade negotiations
- Building a knowledge base of the differing legal, trading, and operational implications of investing in a wide variety of financial instruments and markets
- Hedge fund run by ex-Bell Labs mathematical economist Andrew Weiss (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Weiss_(economist)
- History of 25 consecutive successful years since inception, yet a small, 45-person, startup culture.
- Opportunity to join an experienced 25-person trading and research team with expertise across complex markets and asset classes.
- Competitive compensation
- Previous experience as a buy side or sell side trader in any asset classes
- Strength in the following areas:
- Quantitative/analytical ability
- Communication and negotiation
- Multi-tasking while maintaining attention to detail
- Work ethic
- Interest in the following:
- Learning about the investment and market microstructure context of the trades being made.
- Helping others on the investment team.
To apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “[Your Name], Trader” in the subject line. Please include your transcript and resume with GPA’s and standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, GRE, etc.). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
About the company:
Weiss Asset Management develops proprietary value-based and quantitative strategies to manage approximately $1.7 billion globally. Members of our team have advanced training in economics, computer science, physics, law, and mathematics, but we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds. Our approach to problems is cerebral and analytically rigorous as we continually review our results in light of new data and insights. Collegial in nature, the culture at Weiss fosters cutting-edge academic and industry research. Finance experience is not a prerequisite, but candidates should have the drive and ability to acquire the skills necessary to perform at the highest level. All employees must adhere to the highest ethical standards. WAM does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristic protected by law.